Wow, I just learned that Ann M. Martin only wrote the first 35 books out of the, like, 7,000 books that are in The Babysitters Club series. My entire childhood was a lie! The Babysitters Club gals were the original HBICs, though, so let's never forget all the lessons they taught us. —Katie
1. If you pee your pants at a sleepover, you are definitely diabetic. Also, Stacey's friends were mean as hell.
2. If you can't find any pictures of yourself as a baby, you might be adopted. [This Claudia storyline prompted me to search my parents' house in a panic for baby pictures.]
3. If you overexplain things every single book, no one will like you, Karen.
4. If you are an artist, you should wear wacky leggings and big hoop earrings to show everyone how unique you are, otherwise they won't know. [Seriously, check out these Claudia outfits.]
5. Having your own phone line in your bedroom is the absolute coolest thing in the world and the number 1 thing everyone should aspire to.
6. The late '80s were a really good time for YA book covers. That tagline probably still applies to my life as a 25-year-old.
7. Babysitting absolutely requires a Kid Kit, especially if you're babysitting between the years of 1990 and 2000. I mean, you at least need to go to the Dollar Store to pick up a pack of bubbles or something. Kids started expecting shit.
8. If your parents get divorced, they'll let you pick where you want to live and will seemingly not give a shit no matter what you decide (Dawn, Stacey, Karen, etc.).
9. No one except Claudia Kishi matters. This doll accurately represents everything flawless about Claudia. You little sugar addicted angel, you.