Wow, I just learned that Ann M. Martin only wrote the first 35 books out of the like, 7,000 books that are in The Babysitters Club series. My entire childhood was a lie! The Babysitters Club gals were the original HBICs, though, so let's never forget all the lessons they taught us.—Katie
1. If you pee your pants at a sleepover, you are definitely diabetic. Also, Stacey's friends were mean as hell.
2. If you can't find any pictures of yourself as a baby, you might be adopted. [This Claudia storyline prompted me to search my parents' house in a panic for baby pictures.]
3. If you overexplain things every single book, no one will like you, Karen.
4. If you are an artist, you should wear wacky leggings and big hoop earrings to show everyone how unique you are, otherwise they won't know. [Seriously, check out these Claudia outfits.]
5. Having your own phone line in your bedroom is the absolute coolest thing in the world and the number 1 thing everyone should aspire to.