YouTuber Amy Serrano walks us through an easy tutorial that shows us what products and techniques to use in order to get perfect, tousled waves.
Photos by Andrea Matarrese
1. The night before you do Amy's tutorial, spray some of the ARROJO Wave Mist into your hair to give it some texture (especially if it's freshly washed). Follow up with the ARROJO Refinish Dry Shampoo the morning of. Apply directly to the roots and work the product in.
2. After you've applied a spritz of dry shampoo, it's time refresh your waves. To start, divide your hair into small sections. Using the Corioliss Straight 2 Curl Styling Tool, use the flat iron side to clamp the hair and then twist.
3. While using the curling iron, leave the ends straight (about 1") so that you don't have a full curl in your hair. This finished look is supposed to look slightly slept in.
4. While curling, let each section cool down before moving on to the next. This helps the curl set better.
5. Continue using the Corioliss to give yourself textured waves across your whole head. If a section feels like it needs more attention, let the waves cool and then start again.
6. After you've used to Corioliss to go across your entire head, shake out all the curls. Flip your head upside down and run your fingers through them once or twice. You want your hair to seem messy and natural, not too done up.
7. To reactivate some of your natural texture, hit your hair again with the ARROJO Wave Mist. "Just a little bit, just to soften up the bend that we created," says Amy.
8. Spritz the Wave Mist lightly across your entire head.
9. Follow up with the OUAI Texturizing Hair Spray. "I always love to have my hair looking just slightly messy," says Amy. "This gives you more volume."
10. Finish up with the ARROJO Hair Serum to help lock in any split ends. "It's just going to smoothe everything out," says Amy.
11. Shake out your hair after applying and you're finished! This is an easy, messy look that's perfect for day or night.
To see more from Amy, follow her on Instagram