Ask Our Beauty Buyer: Part 2
Last week you tweeted us your beauty questions, now our beauty buyer Marlyn has your answers!
Marnie: HOW TO GET PERFECT EYEBROWS?!
Marlyn: This is my forte! Comb eyebrows straight up to reveal your natural eyebrow arch. Trim all eyebrow hair that extend more than approximately 1/8 inch above your top eyebrow line. Pluck all hairs that grow below the natural eyebrow arch. Comb hairs back into place. Pluck all hairs that grow above the top eyebrow line. Lay a pencil vertically along the inside of your nose toward your forehead. The point where the pencil hits your eyebrow is where your inner eyebrow should begin. Pluck all hairs that fall inside of this point. Line a pencil up between the outer edge of your nose and the outer edge of your eye. The point where the pencil crosses your eyebrow is where the eyebrow should end. Trim or pluck all hairs that grow beyond this outer point.
Caitlin: how should I change up my beauty routine from winter to summer? #askUO
Marlyn: Here are my tips for fuss-free summer beauty:
1. Beach spray. Everyone loves beach-blown wavy locks.
2. Bronzer adds instant warmth to your face, sweep color on the bridge of your nose, top of your cheekbones and lightly hit the forehead and chin to finish.
3. Lip gloss. I love juicy colors like coral, bright pink, and lilac for summer.
4. Pretty toes. Choose a shade that is unexpected like charcoal gray, or try something fun like ombre toes—a different shade on each one!
5. Body Art. Summer is the time to show some skin, why not decorate it? Use traditional henna patterns or create your own!